Message from Training and Placement Officer
As placement officer it gives me immense pleasure in introducing P.A College of Engineering, Mangalore. The course curriculum to which this group has been exposed is at par with national and international curricula which has been designed by Board of Studies consisting of Director’s of PACE and eminent academicians for prestigious technical institutions of the country.
Students at PACE are getting exposure (theoretical as well as practical) through intensive and rigorous studies/ Training from the reputed industries/ Training institutions/organizations throughout their curriculum . During 7th semester, the group is undergoing series of live mini projects and major projects, which it is hoped will groom students for the myriad opportunities in IT industry. I am sure that you will find our students among the best in the country, to take on the challenges of IT industry. Let me assure you that our students are well equipped, confident, flexible, hard working, intelligent, problem solvers and will be definitely an asset to the industry.
Training and Placement
- Well established training and placement cell
- Central database of each and every student in the college manifests their technical and employable skills.
- Impart Special training for mediocre students
- Tie-ups with external industry expert agencies like Infosys, Cognizant, to train and prepare the students for industry.
- To organize personality development programs, Infosys Campus connect programs, Seminars, Workshops and inviting Industry experts for visiting the campus etc.
- MOU with various companies
Uninterrupted Training and Placement drive through
- Organizing Campus Recruitment Drives of different companies through PACE.
- Imparting essential Training classes for PACE students.
- Providing Soft skills and Communication skills beginning from Ist Semester.
- Conduct of Placement drive with Infosys through the Campus connect program.
- Providing Useful material to enrich our students.
Placement Cell Structure
Brief Profile of a Placement coordinator
Placement coordinator will be acting as a facilitator & counselor. The areas of responsibilities will include conducting job-placement activities & further convincing more & more companies for campus recruitment.
Brief Profile of Student Coordinator
Student Coordinator will be the representatives of GSCET on behalf of the placement cell & will be acting as a liaison between the Company & the students applying for the Job.
Brief profile of Student Representatives
Student Representatives will be assigned task to record details of companies to be invited for placement. – These representatives will contact the Companies & follow-up with them to ensure that they are aware of the Institute, the profiles of students on the placement dates.
A. Eligibility Criteria; Students will be eligible for participating in the placement process specified by the company
B. Students will not be eligible for participating in the placement process on the following grounds
- Students who have opted out of the placement process. Such students need to submit an undertaking mentioning their decision of not participating in placement process.
- Students pursuing their Part time/Sponsored/correspondence courses are not eligible to take part in the Placement process as per the Institute policy.
C. Pre-Placement ActivitiesFollowing are the Pre-Placement activities that need to be done by the Student Representatives in coordination with the Student Coordinator & under the guidance of Placement Coordinator
- A list of companies / organizations with Address, contact details, concerned HR/person etc to be maintained.
- Preparation of a Placement write-up / Brochure.
- An invitation letter that is to be sent to the company/Organizations.
- A Corporate presentation.
- A register to record calls made to the companies / organizations should be maintained on daily basis.
- Send invitation & documents containing the relevant information to the companies.
- Companies/organization will send their consent to participate in the process along with expected profiles.
- The details are made available to the students via Notice Board.
- Suitable dates for Pre-Placement Talk (PPT from here on) will be decided after discussions between the company and the Placement Cell.
- After confirmation from the company, students are notified for the PPT date.
- The company visits campus and conducts its PPT.
- Standard Format should be maintained for all the companies for the purpose of declaration of the names of selected students.
- A standard format of Resume is to be given to the students for Resume Preparation
- Placements can be done on a rolling/weekly/fortnightly basis depending upon the no. of companies registered for campus recruitment.
- The Placement Cell allots a date to the company as per the ranking by the students. The company is ranked on the basis of following parameters:
- Job profile and growth prospects.
- The package being offered by the company.
- Past record of recruitment.
- Feedback from the students regarding the company.
- The placement cell needs to follow-up with the companies regarding for the finalization of the dates.
- The company can confirm or negotiate the dates with the placement cell.
- Resumes of the interested students (if required) are made available to the companies for the purpose of short listing.
- The list of short listed students is mailed to the Placement Cell prior to the campus selection date.
D. During the Placement
- Companies visit the campus on the given date and conduct the written technical/aptitude test, group discussion/personal interview as a part of their selection procedure.
- The company/organization is required to furnish the final list of selected students as soon as possible after the final completion of procedure.
- The selected students may or may not be allowed to sit in further job interviews as per the placement policy of the institute.
- The Student representatives of the placement should make necessary arrangement for the company official visiting the campus for selection.
E. Post-placement Activities
- The Placement Coordinator has to follow with the concerned person in the respective company/ies to get the Appointment Letter of the selected candidates at the earliest along with their joining date.
A. General Conditions
- The role of the Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities.
- Once the student accepts the offer given by the company, he/she will be out of the placement activity.
- In case a student appears for two or more companies on a particular day then he/she will be considered selected in the company which first comes out with the final selection list and he/she will be out of the placement process of the other companies.
- In case of parallel recruitment procedures of two or more companies, if an unavoidable case of clash of procedures arise then a student may be asked to choose between the companies and hence can only continue in the procedure with the selected company/companies. No change in decision in this regard will be accepted in any case after advancement in the selection procedure from that point.
- Any issues to be discussed should be forwarded to the respective Placement Representative and it is his/her responsibility to take it up with the Placement Cell.
- If market situation and job scenario necessitates a revision in the Placement Policy, it will be done in a manner so as to maximize the benefit to the student community as a whole.
- All placements related communication will be done through notices that are displayed on the placement notice board.
- Each student shall be eligible for only one offer. Till a confirmed offer letter is accepted by the student offered by the company.
B. Pre-placement Interview
A student in case of pending Pre-Placement Interview Offer is eligible to participate in the placement process
C. Pre-placement offer
Students having a Pre-Placement Offer from a company must inform the Placement Cell about the acceptance or
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Well-qualified, highly experienced and eminent faculty.
- State-of-the-art laboratories.
- Placement assistance /intern ship and training programme conducted by top corporates and companies.
- Earn while you learn opportunities.
- A fully furnished, well-equipped library to give you the edge with knowledge.
- Sprawling 60 acre campus.
- Hygienic and delicious food that would keep you healthy.
- Separate Hostel Facility for Boys and Girls in the campus.
- A postal center for your needs.
- ATM within the campus for your convenience.
- 24/7 uninterrupted power supply.
- A professional security agency provides round the clock security.
- Placement assistance is given to every student.
- Personalized mentoring for students to realize their true potential and reach great heights.
rejection before the placement process begins. In case any student doesn’t inform the placement Cell about the same, he / she will be considered to have accepted the offer and will be debarred from the further placement activity.
In case if the student accepts the pre-placement offer, he will be out of the placement activity.
E. Rules and Regulations of placement cell
- Students must be punctual in reporting to the company for the recruitment process.
- Students should not discuss any points (Package, Job profile, Location etc) at the time of interview. Any queries should be discussed with the Placement Coordinator. – It is expected that students prepare a file, in hard copy, of all their academic records when appearing for campus recruitment process.
- Candidates should always carry 4 copies of their resume and 2 passport size photographs for the Interview of a company.
- Student misbehaving in any manner with staff of Training and Placement Cell and student representatives will be debarred from Placement Session
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by visiting team or their representatives.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in the vicinity of a company official and also are forbidden to carry the question paper out of the examination hall after the written exam.
- Students are expected to maintain decorum in all interactions with company officials such as PPT, written exam and so on.
- Students should reach for PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews on time. Also Students will not be allowed to leave the Hall before the PPT is completely finished. Any student found violating this will be liable to disciplinary action.
- It is compulsory for every interested candidate to attend the Pre-Placement Talk of a company in formals for which he / she has applied otherwise he / she will not be allowed to sit in the placement process of that company.
- No student will directly contact any company official for any purpose. This includes forwarding of resumes for consideration, opportunities of Internships/Dissertations etc. All communication should be channelized through Placement /Coordinator of Placement Cell.
- Students are also advised to keep a watch on the Notice Boards
- Under no circumstances should a student negotiate with a company executive about CTC offered during the course of the selection process. Any student violating this norm will be liable to strict disciplinary action.
- It is mandatory for students to follow the following points in order to be eligible to sit for the pre-placement talks and interviews
A. Dress code For Guys
- Full‐sleeves formal shirt with formal plain trousers
- College suit and tie (mandatory)
- Neatly polished black shoes
B. Dress code For Girls
- Full‐sleeves formal shirt with formal plain trousers
- College suit and scarf (mandatory)
- Formal Shoes.